Quotes


"There's a bit of magic in everything and then some loss to even things out."  -Lou Reed

"Time spent laughing is time spent with God."  -Chinese Proverb

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." 
 -J.K. Rowling-  "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" 

"I can't expect my own art to provide all the answers-- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions."  -Grace Hartigan

"It is usually safe to predict that the fulfilment of an excessively cherished desire is not likely to still our nagging anxiety. In every passionate pursuit, the pursuit counts more than the object pursued."  -Bruce Lee

"You should keep on painting no matter how difficult it is, because this is all part of experience, and the more experience you can have, the better it is-- unless it kills you, and then you know you have gone too far."  -Alice Neel

"I'm not an abstractionist, I'm not interested in the relationship of colour or form or anything else. I'm interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom and so on." -Mark Rothko

"Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist."  -Magritte

"I think it's an essential fact for any performer or artist to fail as poignantly as they can succeed." -Nick Cave

"I feel most real to myself in the studio."  -Robert Motherwell


No comments:

Post a Comment